Predictions for 2008 are a popular topic. Here are a few:
- Digg’s quality of news continues to drop, Internet adopts the phrase “Ubuntu” for social spam.
- Semantic web won’t be as interesting as a single, well thought-out website.
- RSS continues to face stiff competition from “bookmarks”, the “refresh button”, and “links”.
- I will continue to be upset with myself for not owning Apple stock, despite owning everything else Apple-branded. Maybe if it was iStock idMake more iMoney.
- Season 4 of Lost will be like chewing gum for breakfast: it will slowly lose taste, and leave me unnourished. I will still watch it each Wednesday they let me.
- The earth will near the sun, and I will open my sunroof.
- The Tumblr community continues to grow, and adds a way for me to discover more tumblogs.
- Xbox 360 adjusts their video rental pricing in response to Apple iTV2, and earns my business.
- I finally beat any Metallica song in Rock Band on hard.
- A Boston-based startup involving yours truly makes waves.